Kids’ Test Kitchen is a nutrition and cooking enrichment program for kids of all ages. We are expanding and need confident and well-organized individuals to facilitate classes.
This is a contract position with very few hours.
Job requirements include:
• Procurement and storage of necessary ingredients and equipment.
• Enthusiastically facilitate the preparation of the required recipe and deliver the nutrition message associated with said recipe.
• Ensure the safe handling of cooking tools with close supervision and hand-over-hand assistance.
• To ensure that children with food allergies are safely accommodated by scrupulously following our food allergy action plan.
The right person for this position will have a big smile and the enthusiasm to match! It is my mission to motivate positive change, and I’m looking for someone with that same excitement and passion. You will fit in best with the kids if you are punctual, reliable, funny, creative, flexible, and engaging.
• You must be comfortable with young people. Classes enroll up to 12 participants.
• You must be willing to submit a CORI report with the school system, and it must be approved.
• Must be willing to submit a fingerprint if the school system requires it.
• Must have a valid license and a vehicle.
• Must have, or be willing to obtain, Epi-pen certification and Food Safety certification.
• Each of these are obtainable online for a nominal fee, and certification lasts a few years.
• Must be physically able to lift 30 lbs — this position involves a bit of “schlepping”
Base line pay scale:
Facilitators will earn $50 – $60 per class. While some locations book extended length sessions, the typical session length is 6 weeks. Work as many sessions at a time as you like.
KTK provides up-front payment for class ingredients and supplies. $240 is provided for a typical series of 6-classes.
• Facilitators may also earn a bonus payment following each highly-rated session.
Facilitators are paid at a higher rate for taking on more than one session at a time.
Upon completion of orientation and training, new facilitators will receive a one-time $200.00 orientation payment to offset any costs associated with meeting training requirements and to help you put your kit together!